{Beauty} HAUL All New Everyday Make-Up Collection

7:00 am

At last, I am almost complete in updating my entire everyday make up. My choices for the below products have been based on lots of research, reviews and recommendations from my favourite YouTubers and bloggers. And the finalists are!.....




















Foundation
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - 100 Ivory
So many beauty bloggers rave about this foundation and when they're opting for an affordable drug store brand in their favourites videos, you know its worth trying.
With only one store in my town selling Rimmel, it means it almost never has the product/colour you were hoping for in stock. So, without a tester to be sure of my colour, I based my colour choice of 100 Ivory from one of Fleur de Forces blog posts as she's also very fair like me. It's the lightest of the range (of only around 6 colours) and it's perfect for me. I love the shimmery, dewy finish it creates with light coverage. My skin, but better.
I have already fully reviewed this product HERE.

Concealer
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - Very Fair
Again, this drug store product kept popping up on my radar and considering I also opted for a Rimmel product below for my powder choice, why not try the trio? Surely using products from the same range can only be good in regards to working well with each other for a perfect colour match. 

Powder
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - 01 Transparent
There was no debating. THIS was the powder I desperately wanted to try out based on Tanya Burrs constant raving reviews and use of this powder. I went for the transparent as that was what I was previously using with another brand and again, opted for the lightest colour in the Rimmel range. So far, loving it. Worth the hype.

Blusher
Milani Baked Blush - 01 Dolce Pink
I swear these blushes were popping up on my radar and online shopping sites well before they started appearing on YouTube recently. Milani isn't available here in NZ so it was an overseas order that I made to get my hands on it but I'm so glad I did. The colour pay off is amazing, the colour is exactly suited to my taste and skin tone and the fact a tiny bit goes a long way, means it will last forever. I have also already done a written review on this product HERE if you haven't read it already. In a nut shell, I rave about it!

Eye Primer
Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24Hr Metal - 70 Barely Branded
I don't know how I feel about specific eyelid primers so I opted for a product I can get more uses out of. I needed a neutral champagne coloured cream shadow to use as a base, but also to lighten my inner eye. It applies nicely. The only downfall perhaps is that I find it makes already slightly shimmery eye shadows appear even more glittery on the eyes, changing the original textures of my shadows. Also just a quick note that I'm not sure if this product has the same name across US and UK and I know some Maybelline products differ.

Eye Shadow
Bourjois Little Round Pots - 08 Beige Rose, 05 Brun Irreel, 74 Brun Somptueux
I'm in love with Bourjois shadows as you may already know from my review from one of their palettes HERE. They apply nicely, the colour pay off is great, the blend ability is super smooth and the prices are fantastic for the quality. Again, another brand not available in NZ but worth the hunt. I'm loving the 05 Brun Irreel as an everyday colour at the moment.

Gel Eyeliner
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner - Charcoal
Everyone seems to rave about these. I'm not sure it deserves all the hype it receives. I liked it at first and even the free brush it came with but within only a few days of having been opened, I feel like it dried out a bit and didn't apply as smoothly as the first couple of applications. I also regret buying this colour and wish I'd gone for the full black with this charcoal colour appearing more of a dark grey, something I thought would suit my light complexion and hair but rather makes the make up look tired and 'worn'. Still on the fence about this product. Perhaps my brand new liner brush will help it work wonders?

Mascara
Covergirl Lash Blast - Waterproof Black
So this Covergirl mascara was the brand I chose to include in my new collection however, with 3 already on the go, I couldn't justify a fourth so am waiting it out for the meantime before purchasing. It will be replacing my Maybelline the Falsies on my top lashes (another one I'm not sure if worth all the hype?) and Maybellines Define a Lash on my lower lashes.
I'll also be purchasing the waterproof version which I haven't done for my last few mascaras but I hear it keeps a curl better.

Brushes
ELF - Assorted as Below
Elf has a really good name for itself for being an affordable, quality option for beginners like myself. I opted for the below brushes, buying each one separately rather than in a set as I had specific ideas for each brush and what I wanted.

Foundation Brush
(Concealer Brush - still yet to come)
All Over Face Brush (intended for Bronzer as I already have a fav powder brush)
Bronzer Brush (intended for Blusher)
Eye Shadow Brush
Crease Brush
Defining Brush
Blending Brush
Eye Liner Brush
Eye Brow Spoolie

So that's it for now! I'm loving my choices, as I should as I spend a lot of time reading up and researching everything. A great beginners base to get more creative and give this whole make up 'thing' a good try!

What are YOUR favourite drug store products you swear by? Let me know in the comments below x

You Might Also Like

0 comments