{Recipe} Semolina Craving

12:58 pm

Some time ago now, I did a Semolina Pudding recipe over on my other channel (now merged with StyleNovice) and ever since, I've had a packet of Fine Semolina hanging around in the pantry.

Stuck for lunch ideas one day, I decided to whip it out again and give it another try.

Semolina provides a warm and hearty snack for breakfast, lunch or dessert (I've made it for all three recently) and has a smooth, porridge like texture. Essentially, its a creamed wheat.

I've been keeping it plain and sweetening it with just a little vanilla and cinnamon but I think this would also be A-MA-ZING with dried fruit and sultanas.

The little one was also a big fan... along with the dog!



















Keep reading to find out how to make it!

Ingredients: (2 Servings)
2        Cups Milk
1 1/2  Tbsp Sugar
1/3     Cup Semolina

Optional:
1        Tspn Vanilla Essence
1/2     Tspn Cinnamon
          Dried Fruit etc etc

Steps:   

  • In a saucepan, combine the milk and sugar and bring to a boil. (As soon as milk boils it starts to overflow the pot so be ready for the moment just BEFORE boiling)
  • Remove from the heat
  • Sprinkle over the semolina is several small servings (This is the KEY to having a smooth, lump-free serving) and mix between addition
  • Lower the heat and remain stirring until the mixture thickens to a smooth porridge like consistency
  • Stir through any optional additions and ENJOY x
I've been absolutely craving this dish each and every lunch time but am making a conscious effort to limit myself due to the dairy used. It also provided me a hearty breakfast to keep me going on a long weekend sports day.

Try it! It tastes better than it looks :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments