{Diary} Getting Wedding Guest Ready

10:33 am


























This past weekend, we escaped to the beach for a winter wedding and weekend away. 
Here's a few snaps from the Saturday as I was getting ready.

My dress was an ASOS find I actually purchased new off TradeMe (a NZ Auction site). I had been searching for literally WEEKS since we got our invite to this wedding for a long sleeved, shift dress. Given the time of year, I knew I'd be wearing tights, and thought a long sleeved dress would be very Winter Wedding Guest appropriate and save the need for taking an extra coat (or buying a new blazer). Turns out, its actually really hard to find long sleeved evening dresses! At last, I found this one and I loved it. It was also super comfy which was an added bonus as I always find I end up being super uncomfortable for the sake of looking good at these kind of functions. Being a Mum, I'm now much more practical I think.
The shoes are a new addition which I'm in love with. Being one of the last weddings in my hubby's group of friends, I can't be sure if i'll get another excuse to buy sexy new heels any time soon so I made the most of it! The venue had asked that no stilettos be worn on their reception floor so a new pair of pumps was the only thing for it!

For make-up, I used mostly used everything listed in my Everyday Make-Up Video and then a mixture of Bourjois shadows on my eyes. For jewellery I kept it simple with a sterling silver tennis bracelet and a necklace, not actually pictured as I changed my mind at the last minute. The tutorial for my travel make-up brush roll, pictured, can be found HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments