GARDEN DIARY #2 - Shopping for veges and planting my garden

7:00 am




View my VIDEO DIARY HERE

Like any great project, (or YouTube video for that matter) planting our vegetable garden started with what else, but a shopping trip. 

Our goal was to grow things we could juice or knew we would cook with. We ended up picking up:

A grape vine
Corinader (or Cilantro as some may know it) 
Spinach
Leeks
Snap Peas
Beans
Beetroot
Kale
Sweet Corn
Some Blood and Bone Fertisliser
And seeds for carrots, tomatoes, radishes and parsnips



























Blood and Bone is a form of slow release nitrogen and can be added right before planting. I needed around 6 handfuls per square metre of garden and you dig this in to the top 10cm of soil.




Then it was time for planting. I used a book about Companion Planting to help guide where in the garden I was going to group my veges together and simply followed the instructions on the tags in regards to spacing and arrangement. 





Good watering for the new plants and now, we wait....
To be continued....

(Filmed and written in NZ Summer, December 2014)

You Might Also Like

0 comments