Juicer Pulp Meatballs Recipe

7:00 am















See my VIDEO RECIPE HERE


Since my juicing obsession began,  I have been concerned at how much pulp is left behind knowing that essentially, that's all the fibre going to waste. 

We do make use of this pulp and place it in our compost, to go in the garden, to grow more veges to juice, but, I wanted to find other, nutritional ways to incorporate this back into our diet.

Meatballs. Yep, I added it to my meatball mix and boy was it delicious!!!













Here's what you'll need to do the same:

(Feeds 3 Main Meals)

500g  Minced Beef (The pulp means you can cut down on the amount of meat required)

1/2     Diced Onion
1 1/2  Cup Juicer Pulp (I juiced 2 apples, 2 carrots, 1/3 beetroot, 1 handful baby spinach)
1        Egg
          Tomato Sauce (to taste)
          Breadcrumbs (as needed)
2        Tspns Herbs and Seasoning
Pasta Sauce
Pasta to feed 3 (I like to use Vegetable Pasta)


Steps:

The first step is to of course, make some juice! This can be done well ahead of time and your juicer pulp can be covered and frozen until needed. If you have an idea of what you'll use the pulp for, you can tailor your juice ingredients for that day to suit. (Knowing i'd be making meatballs today, I left out my usual ginger)
  • Into a large bowl, place in your minced beef and lightly fluff the meat up with a fork so our next ingredients can be easily mixed through
  • Add to this your diced onion and then, your juicer pulp and egg
  • Everything else is added to taste really. Your sauce, herbs and seasoning and your breadcrumbs as necessary to help bind your mixture together
  • Roll into evenly sized balls
  • Cover and chill before frying. (This helps them keep their shape)
  • Fry until browned on all sides
  • At this point, I like to add my pasta sauce, slightly diluting it with water and then allowing it to simmer away and reduce over time, the heat cooking the meatballs through to the centre
  • I serve these over pasta and my favourite to use are vegetable spirals that are made with added tomato and spinach
  • Dish and serve while hot and you have three main sized family meals

You Might Also Like

0 comments