{Quilting} Week 8 : Block 8 - The Square in Square Block

7:00 am


A Block a Week - Quilting for Beginners
WEEK 8 : BLOCK 8
The Square in Square Block

This week it's back to basics really. Standard Squares and Half Square Triangles with the difference that we are using a single, large square in the centre of our block meaning the piecing together of it in the final stages differs slightly to normal.
This block is a fantastic way of highlighting a special fabric or print as the outer layers almost 'frame' the centre square.

I certainly made it harder for myself though by using stripes as my main background colour! They align pretty well I must say but it's certainly far from perfect! 


To view the video tutorial, click the link above.

To purchase the step-by-step written instructions with full colour, step-by-step photos for the entire 9 Block Quilt Project, please visit my Etsy Store.

You Might Also Like

0 comments