DIY Suede Effect Girls Ombre Curtain

1:00 pm


When it comes to curtains, finding the right match for your room can be an expensive task. Join me as I transform a plain, simple calico curtain into a suede effect ombre drape for our babies room.
When it came to finishing our little girls room, the curtain was giving me a headache. I knew what I wanted but of course, I invent these things in my mind and then have trouble finding anything similar in the shops.

Luckily, I had brought to this house an old calico curtain from one of our other homes, and coincidentally, it fit the space perfectly. It was just ugly! So a transformation was in order.
Where I came up with the ombre idea, I don't know. These things just seem to come to me in the shower! But because of the stiff texture of the fabric and way the ritz dye seeped into the creases throughout the dying process, it produced this amazing suede effect that I absolutely love. You really don't know it ISN'T suede until you get up close to it.

The pleated finish to the bottom, well that was to remedy a bit of miss-measuring! But I did this in a matching fabric to the DIY Cot Skirt I have already made. It's like it was meant to be! and no-one will ever know...


Check out the process here. This week it really isn't about a 'how-to' or 'tutorial', simply the my own process that I made up as I went along... but look at the results! FAB.

You Might Also Like

0 comments